Monday, February 15, 2010

Being Open and Honest with Myself (Proceed with Caution)

Today I had a lovely clinical day and our instructor, Cindy, is so nice. I am actually really thankful that I have her as our instructor. It is so nice to end the day (and I think for all of us) with positive feedback and compliments on the things we did well. Clinical can be stressful...and so it is really great to have a positive resource involved in that learning process. 

I want to write more, but I have been thinking about something a lot lately on and off, and today I just wanted to get if off my chest. I know that I am risking borderline inappropriateness, but all that matters to me at this point is being open and honest with people. With patients....thats another story...the bottom line there is honesty and neutrality. So, here it goes:

Jaimes, I wanted you to know that I am no longer angry at you. In fact, I cried today....not for you, but for me. I miss the relationship I had with my brother. I know you like to be dramatic, and so this behavior suits you. However, today I thought of something perfect on how to describe your behavior so it makes sense to me. You know when you're a kid and your sister pinches you and it hurts? That sucks, right? Well, normally, kids try (because of their anger) to hurt the other sibling much worse in return (like punching them out). This is known as revenge. Adults, you know, they know how to overcome this (their emotions) and get one living their life and still loving that sibling. Anyhow, my point is that in the long run, I would like for you to know that you are only hurting yourself. I realized that I can live without one brother...even one who was dear to me, but how long can you live without your whole family?

The countdown to graduation is now 450 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment